Saturday, February 19, 2011

Update

 It looks like I have to call an audible to the Grand Canyon. After 2 weeks of abnormally hi temperatures, a blizzard is hitting the canyon this weekend and dumping 20 inches of snow. So I might try to hit up Zion and Bryce Canyon tomorrow instead. It doesn’t work as well as the Grand Canyon would have, but hopefully I can salvage the next two days.
Last night I pretty much turned in at 5 pm. I was tired and didn’t have the energy or motivation to go out. Tonight I was feeling the same way, but I thought of what you guys would say and want me to do, so I headed to the main strip for bars next to the ASU campus. The strip is really nice, much nicer than what you saw at Tallahassee or Gainesville.  After walking to the end, it looked like most of the action was happening at Fat Tuesdays. So I ventured back and stood outside for a minute debating whether to go in. I finally did, and then debated whether I wanted to order a drink or just leave. There was a large crowd of people in white shirts writing on each other. It was a very diverse crowd, from probably 30’s through 50’s.  I ordered a beer and started talking with this one lady who was part of this group. Apparently there is website called meetup.com and this site allows people who have common interest or geographic areas to meet up. Anyway, long story short, I got to meet a few of these people (there must have been at least 60 in the group) and I hung out with them as they bar hopped up and down the street. Once a year they do this bar crawl where everyone in this specific group based on geography (I think its an alternative to a dating website for the most part) wears white shirts and signs each others and gets theirs signed. It’s a pretty cool idea. So I did that for 4 hours before calling it an evening.
Night.    

3 comments:

  1. Those graffiti parties are lots of fun--I'm sure you saw some pretty entertaining stuff from that group last night. It's too bad you can't go to the Grand Canyon right away, but I hear Zion is pretty cool. Tempe/Phoenix is much cleaner than than Tally or G'ville. The only place I can compare it to in those terms is probably the Disney/Universal part of Orlando. Drive safe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was tired and didn't have the energy or motivation to go out." George! Are you pregnant?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we talked today. I was afraid you were dead.

    ReplyDelete