Sunday, February 13, 2011

The night before the big exit (2-13-11)

"You have to shoot. You are logical. You have to shoot." Yes, spending the night before my first day traveling watching the end of a star trek marathon. It's relaxing. I do not consider myself a good writer, but I want to keep everyone updated as to my whereabouts and misadventures as I travel West. So I have started myself a blog. I hope to make a blog entry once a day, but if I am unable to connect to the internet, I'll just post multiple days worth of updates when i get to a location that provides internet access. 

I am proud to say that I rechecked the flamingo website today and they had an additional deal with 25% off a stay of 4 nights. The good news is that my 4 nights in the Flamingo Hotel will now cost $147 with taxes and fees. The potential bad news is that the reviews on Expedia  have been slightly negative as to upkeep of the hotel. But for such a low price, it seems hard to go to wrong. I need to thank Mike Bielecki for helping me find such a great deal.

I hope to be out by 7 AM tomorrow morning (probably more like 8:30ish realistically ) and make it to Biloxi tomorrow evening.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Pictures would be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the FOURTH time I've tried to comment. Your blog is broken.

    Gook luck, have fun. Stay out of jail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember George, half of the fun is in the journey itself. Good luck--I'll be checking in!

    ReplyDelete